I'd like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey...

Monday, August 3, 2009


Hello world! This is my attempt to keep the world abreast of the in's and out's and ongoing life of Vixen Pin Up Photography. This is a new blog for me and my first attempt at documenting my work via the interwebz. I will try my best to keep this blog updated as much as possible. I will also offer ramblings and musings on subjects including, but not limited to, burlesque, pin up, fashion, horror, music, make up tutorials, hair tutorials, local events and everything glamour and pin up related. I hope you find your stay here a welcome one.

First I'd like to give you a little information on Vixen Pin Up Photography, who we are and what we do. I'm Nikki Moreno, your narrator here today. Vixen in a combination of myself and my business partner Candy Cunningham, I'll affectionately refer to her in these blogs as Candypants. She's my right hand gal and she helps me with all facets of this business. Together we do weekly photoshoots and work on the craziest of projects together. She assists with hair and make up and does the vast majority of any fx make up we require for our shoots.

I started out this business officially a few years ago. But in a sense its something I've always been doing. When I was a little girl I didnt play outside. I sat inside and took care of my sick mother and played with my dolls. Most of my adventures we're lived out in my head. I played with my dolls, put make up on them and listened to my fathers old records. As I got older anytime my friends from school would come over I'd insist on doing their hair and make up and taking their picture. This continued well into my teens and into my early twenties. My friends would always come to me for fashion advice or hair and make up help for big events. Its always been my "thing".

As I approached my late twenties I was still having girls night, doing everyone's make up and taking pictures with my tiny 3.0 pixel point and shoot. One day my friend jokingly said "you have a magic camera because all of your photos turn out so amazing". Its became a running joke for many months. This dear friend Mia then asked me to take some pin up pictures of her. I went to her place, my point and shoot and make up bag in hand and proceeded to begin what has become my life long passion. From there it began. People saw her pictures and asked me to shoot them as well. Before I knew it things got out of control and I realized my earning potential. I went and put down a loan on a $1,000 camera and went on my way towards my destiny.

Since that time a few years ago I've had the chance to work with some amazing well known models, some beautiful burlesque performers, talented sideshow performers and many local musicians. I've had the chance to work with local mom's who wanted to get their "sexy back" and single gals who wanted to feel beautiful again. Its been a wonderful ride I must say. I feel so blessed to have come as far as I have and to work with some of the amazing people I've been fortunate enough to know.

My thanks to anyone who stumbles across my little blog and shares my piece of the world through my writings. I am forever humbled.

0 comments: