7 gals selected for make overs

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yesterday I selected 7 lucky gals to have make overs by Vixen. I'm very pleased with our group. We have a little of every kind of gal. I had hoped for some more ethnic women to apply but I feel good about the group we have picked out. I was very surprised to see the large response we got. In the beginning for me it was about the person's look and how well that look may translate into camera. But then it became about these amazing women sending me these heartfelt messages saying how they've never felt pretty or please please pick me! My heart strings got pulled a little I have to admit. I am so very excited to get the date set and give these women the time of their life. Its going to be a wonderful and memorable experience.

Just thinking about all of these messages. Statements like "I look horrible without make up", "I'm not very pretty" or "I'm sure there are prettier girls you will choose". Just breaks my heart! I am just as guilty as the next gal at self deprecating behavior. Its a struggle for us all. But at the core of my being I believe the more women bad talk themselves and believe they arent beautiful because they dont have perfect skin or a perfect body the further down the scale we go in our rights and abilities as women. We have to stand up and be strong! Believe we are beautiful! Believe we deserve to be loved, adored and cherished! I truly within my heart of hearts believe you have to be our own cheerleader. Cause baby, aint no one else gonna do it for you!

0 comments: